During this year every class have the opportunity to take part in our Forest School programme in Ecoland. We will notice the seasonal changes and learn how to care for our natural environment and learn new skills.
Over the Advent Term Key Stage One children will:
- Learn to use tools to make items from natural resources in our school grounds;
- Learn how to make and light an open fire safely;
- Celebrate their achievements over hot chocolate together;
- Look for signs of Autumn, plant spring flowering bulbs, sow seeds and collect leaves;
- Find out about woodlice and other native animals and how we can use our findings to encourage more wildlife into Ecoland and our school grounds.
Lower Key Stage Two children will:
- Use bow saws to cut wood which they then split with bill hooks to make mallets;
- Gather together to toast marshmallows and share their achievements;
- Make and light fires which they will keep burning for five minutes;
- Make and light a fire to boil water in a Kelly Kettle.
Upper Key Stage Two children will:
- Explore and investigate Ecoland;
- Use bow saws, bill hooks and knives to make a mallet and tent peg
- Take part in an Art in the Environment Hedgehog Competition to create a mascot for Notts Outdoors;
- Plant Spring flowering bulbs;
- Toast marshmallows and enjoy hot chocolate together.
Please click on the link below to view our Forest School Knowledge and Skills Progression Planner...